• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need to secure brakelines

bert01xj

NAXJA Forum User
i need to secure my brake lines to pass inspection. they rub on the shocks and i need to keep them out of the way what can i do. if you can show me a pic

I had that problem on a rig I bought recently. The drivers side braided hose was worn down to the inner plastic tube by the tire. There is nothing to support those lines, they just flop around like wet noodles and get into every little thing. Tie wrapping them to the shock just generates another wear/pinch point.

The OEM hoses have a bit of steel line on the brake side to keep them off your tires. I converted to 2 pass side YJ hoses, and they rub on nothing. You have to do a bit of research as they vary in length by year.

If this is for the fronts, you can loosen the fitting that connects the soft line to the hard line, then rotate the soft line 90 degrees and re-tighten the fitting. This will force the soft lines to bend in towards the engine and stay away from the tires. Rubbing is gone. Another solution is to use springs to keep them away from the tires.

pa sure is picky about stuff like that.

fronts i'd do the "rotate so lines bow in" trick

rear i'd get some self tapping screws and those wire guide clamps and wrap them around the brake like up near the frame then use the self tappers and screw it to the frame

Back