• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj 30 vs zj 30

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
an XJ uses a 30 with preload shims and reverse rotation high pinion. a ZJ uses a 30 with a high pinion a crush sleeve . does anyone know if the XJ reverse rotation ring and pinion will work in a Zj housing?

The ZJ 30 is a low pinion.

95+ XJ is a high pinion.

Just looked over 20 different models at the JY today.

on another note the WJ was a low pinion as well?

I do believe this is the most misinformation filled d30 thread I have ever seen, and that's saying a lot...

ZJ d30s (iirc) are all low pinion, all TJ d30s are low pinion, and 00/01 XJ d30s are low pinion. Not sure about WJs.

vwfoolwhy, what yard? I grew up in Haverhill, only yard I have been to up there was Tony's.

Yj and Xj are the only models that came with a HP30...

00-01 Xj's are LP..

furthermore, A high pinion is reverse rotation due to the placement of the pinion.. so a High pinion ring and pinion will NOT work in a Low pinion housing, they require a standard cut ring and pinion..

i should have known better. for some reason i thought there was a year span they were a high pinion. i orked on a 93 and it had a high pinion. but i think it had some junk yard markings on it. so it was probably out of and XJ

Back