• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinnamans April 16th

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So I want to run chinnamans now that Im set up well for it. Was thinking about April 16th. Meet in Conifer at the Bradley gas station. Not sure on time yet. Was thinking meet there about 9:30ish. maybe 9. Whos down to join?

You will have a good time! Unfortunately penrose Sunday so chinaman is a no go for me again. I love that trail but I like liberty more....

I love that trail but I like liberty more....

That's silly.

Me and UM are good to go. UM has a crazy idea that we do chinamans and then go do wheeler lake. He is under the impression that chinamans will take an hour from the gate to gate.LOL

if you start early enough you can do both trails in a day, just need to plan it out

He is under the impression that chinamans will take an hour from the gate to gate.LOL

maybe if he drives the barbie jeep....he could float across mamby pamby land in an hour.
that's if he doesn't encounter any rocks....

i would like to go but i am going to Penrose for the first time on the 17th!
new tires=:loveu:
i will be looking forward to the next run!

That's silly.

Me and UM are good to go. UM has a crazy idea that we do chinamans and then go do wheeler lake. He is under the impression that chinamans will take an hour from the gate to gate.LOL

You wont be able to get up Wheeler Lake this time of year. Way too much snow.

Well looks like Im going to have to bail on my own trip. Boss wont give me the day off so theres no way I can go. Im pissed.

And David FireLt is right, no way Wheeler will be open, I just talked to my brother, and they (Mile high jeep club) isent heading up for about another 2 or 3 weeks to open it up because thees still so much snow up there, theres no point to even try I guess.

You wont be able to get up Wheeler Lake this time of year. Way too much snow.
And David FireLt is right, no way Wheeler will be open, I just talked to my brother, and they (Mile high jeep club) isent heading up for about another 2 or 3 weeks to open it up because thees still so much snow up there, theres no point to even try I guess.

So there is a gate? That sucks, I want to play on the lower section of obstacles and bash snow!

nothing! got her fixerd!
So that means you are in?

Beezle has a great idea of sleeping out by chinamanns on Friday night!

How about be get a cabin at KOA and split the cost.

Tom, does that mean you are coming? A cabin doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I would love to sleep on the trail in the big opening by the rock pile obstacle.

I need to check with UM to see what he wants to do.

Yea, I would be in for a Friday to Saturday night stay somewhere. Less hustleing to get the the trailhead on time, because you guys know how good I am about that :D

well!!!!!!! been talkin to the one boss who likes me, and maybe just maybe ill be making my own trip!

I will know more by the end of the week.. . . . but in the mean time, I got my new daystar bumpstops, and pucks in the front end to keep my body front cutting up my nice new KM2's like last time. and got some BPE's. SO the jeep will be ready for the next test. Just need to trade for some shorter shocks. rears are way to long!

Well it looks like Im back in for my own planned trip! party1:

So I want to start getting a final head count of who will be there. My plan is to meet at the gunsmokin truck stop at 9:30. Its the main gas station/truckstop at Johnsons corner. Right before you hit the fork to go to buena vista or gunnison, its on the left. Theres alot of open space right behind the gas pumps where we can all meet up. Whos all in for this run???

Team - Jeepfreak (2) mom or dog will be with me :D

Me and UM will be there. I believe the plan is to go up friday night and sleep next to rock pile (First obstical).

Ill be there! I would also like to camp out Friday night. What time do you guys plan on heading out Friday? I don't have anything going on Friday so I might head out in the late afternoon but I'm not sure yet.

We can't leave the metro area until after 5:00 since I have to work. So if you go up earlier be sure to have the camp fire going so we can find you. I may try to take off earlier but won't know until next week.
UM

Back