• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Tranny tube/hose question

imthehink

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone tell me where this hose/tube goes? Its on the AW4 tranny. It starts at the top corner of the rear on the drivers side. I'm not finding anywhere it can go. Help is appreciated, Thanks
DSC_1182.jpg

DSC_1181.jpg

Here is where it starts:
trannyline2.jpg

That looks like a vent tube, maybe connects to UCA bolt end with the bracket the hose has on it.

That looks like a vent tube, maybe connects to UCA bolt end with the bracket the hose has on it.

I thought it may be but wasn't sure. I did put it on the uca bolt and it seemed to fit perfect there, I just never noticed it before. I just noticed it hanging yesterday, so It must have just came loose a fell. So there are two vent lines on the AW4? I knew about the one at the top front of the tranny by the bell housing with the white cap on it.

That is in fact the vent tube... bolt it to whatever you want, off the exhaust and high up, and you are done. Could even extend it up higher with another section of hose if you play in the mud or end up in deep water crossings.

You would also want to mount it so the opening was facing downwards, so it doesn't turn into a funnel should water get up to it ;)

Back