• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front dana 30 hub bolts

tsill

NAXJA Forum User
i think i must have mushroomed the threads getting my old bolts out of the hubs. that or the thread pitch is different between 96 and 00 hubs. im trying to install 96 bolts in a 00 hub. these are the 3 bolts per side that screw thru the back of the knuckle and into the hub. could i replace these with a non specialty bolt? the shaft on the originals have a larger diameter at the top and then neck down. anyone what the stock size is for those bolts? thanks for the help!

If you use regular ones... make sure they are ISO PC 10.9/12.9. Those aren't bolts you want stretching or breaking.

Where are you in town, and how many you think you need?

I probably have a couple/few laying around I could donate...

Robert

I've actually never had an issue with them, even on my crustboxes. Two on a friend's old axle were so bad I ended up welding a nut over what was left of the head, and I broke one on installation because I got a bunch of dirt in the threads, but all the others have come out and gone back in perfectly, most with no heat, some with no lube either.

Where are you in town, and how many you think you need?

I probably have a couple/few laying around I could donate...

Robert

Thanks Robert. what yr/color you rolling around in? im in a 2000 white xj with 4" lift and factory wheels. I'm over near amelia. I'm gonna just order 6 from zmjeeps. mine are toast from beating them out. i've always lubed liberally with anti sieze but i got this hp30 from a 19 yr old and it's beat up pretty bad. got all the necessary parts to put back on and hopefully no vibes on the front after lifting the d/s up.

Hell, we're neighbors!

I'm in Withamsville, just off 125, about a mile from 275.

My 89 two door was red with white wagons:

home05.jpg

Now it's flat black...

DSC02907.jpg

...with no hood and the sexiest renix you'll ever see!

ES10062016.jpg

I'll keep my eyes open for you!

Robert

Geez that thing is clean. How the heck you keep the mud off it? Cooling not a problem I suppose. I'm right up the road. Turn right at Skyline Chili and I'm a couple houses up. Where you wheeling around here?

That's all brand new last summer. It still looks about that good, we'll see how long it lasts!

A lot of guys still go to Haspin, but it's definitely not my favorite.

491 in Crittenden is small, but fun, especially for a mild rig.

I love Big Rock out in Maysville. 2000 acres, no crowds, an hour from my driveway.

Do you run with any of the local clubs?

Wrench monkey take your cowl cover plate off and paint the back side of the vents :D

Lookin good, I hope my 2 door's engine compartment comes out that clean looking :thumbup:

I remember the original thread, I have most of the pics saved :D I spent all my time on the body when I sprayed my 95, the engine bay is so full of dust and mud chunks from past trips that I don't think paint would ever stick, lol. I just picked up a 94 2door for free with a blown motor and moldy interior, I'm stripping it bare and cleaning it up before I get to work on the motor so hopefully I can have it looking clean like yours when it's done. Nice work :D

We used to go to the gravel pits down on Roundbottom and Mt. Carmel but Evans took it over and leveled it. Havent gotten out much because its my daily driver. Used to have a j10 and a j20. beat them senseless and the frames rotted.

We'll take you down to 491 some time, nice place to tool around with a mild dd-type rig.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you, though I don't think I caught your name!

Robert

I need to get another jeep to beat on. If I break mine anymore the wife is gonna kill me.
Tom

I need to get another jeep to beat on. If I break mine anymore the wife is gonna kill me.
Tom

Nah, we'll just wait til it dries up some.

When it's dry, you can play all day at 491 and not break anything.

Robert

Back