• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Offroad trailer plans

Cerober1

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know of or have a small utility trailer plans. Something that can be modified for offroad. Like those pikes peak trailers. Or if you own a pikes peak trailer can you send me some detailed pics and dimensions.

Most of the time its cheaper to buy a used one than to build one. Metal is pretty pricey.

Unless you have parts and materials laying around already?

This cost about $350 to get here and the wheels and tires where free.

Frame is 6 ft x 44" with 12" extension on front.

5457620936_5b956a13fd_z.jpg

take an XJ shell (gutted), take off the entire front clip and fenders, plexiglass the windows (less weight), weld a tongue to the unibody, and either use a D35 or get a trailer axle. cheap, and easy enclosed offroad trailer. not to mention way cool.

take an XJ shell (gutted), take off the entire front clip and fenders, plexiglass the windows (less weight), weld a tongue to the unibody, and either use a D35 or get a trailer axle. cheap, and easy enclosed offroad trailer. not to mention way cool.

And heavier than can be:looney: tried to make a small box trailer out of a 1/4 of my old xj. When we went to load it in the truck for scrap it tipped over a ride behind bobcat with three guys hanging off the back, and one guy pulling it into the bed. Ended up buying a 60's chevy pickup bed trailer i could move around with two fingers.

OP: how comfortable are you modifying an existing trailer?

How about this.. Charge up the welder Victor!!

UltimateTrailer.jpg

I measured it out and if I could have made the interior more than 6ft I would do this but nogo..

Sweet trailers I'm jelous on that white one. That is sick looking. Any way pretty comfortable modifying old trailers. I thought it would be cool if some one around the socal area had one I could look at and get some measurements off of and ideas. It's easier if I see it in person. That forum is really cool. I like those old military trailers but are a little pricey.
I think I'm just going to pick up a skidoo trailer and modify the he'll out of it.
Thanks for the input guys

Back