• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny vaccume lines?

MonsterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i was working on my 84 xj today and i noticed that there were several vaccume lines that went from my engine bay to my tranny or transfer case, i couldnt tell. anyways, what are these lines for? does the fact that they are all melted together have something to do with my tranny problems? thanks

vac lines that go to the t-case are for actuation of the 4x4 on your front axle, and turning on the vac switch under the coolant bottle that turns on the light on the dash that says 4x4. None of these lines run into the tranny...

He has an '84. The transfer case on the '84 is vacuum operated. The lines go to the transfer case, not to the tranny. Your tranny should be a Chrysler 904, I think. Pretty basic and fool-proof. Shouldn't be too hard to solve any problems, but they aren't caused by the vacuum lines.

Even if you have a manual transmission, there is no way it can be affected by the vaccum lines.

If you are interested at where each one should go, I have an explanation at home. I can send you. Pretty simple actually.

Rgds

Back