• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What happened??

XJJeepin85

NAXJA Forum User
Well i was out wheeling this weekend and at one point i heard a tire rubbing. I went to check it out, and realized that somehow my inside u bolt was loose and my whole axle moved on the pass side. How can i make sure this wont happen again? Isnt there a way to bolt the axle to the spring pack? :dunno:

If your U-bolts were loose, you may have sheared your leaf pack center pin(s), as this would allow the pack to move off the center of the perch. Lift the rear, loosen the U-bolts, and see if the center of the leaf pack separates. If so, replace the center pin and buy new U-bolts, then torque them to spec (or higher - some recommend 100+ lb/ft of torque).

yeah check that center pin and tighten them down from time to time... it only takes a few seconds to do... but it can save you LOADS of time and maybe even your life or someone's life

Back