• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well Crap...

tharlanjr

NAXJA Forum User
Just got my layoff notice. Between May 28th and June 10th I will be out of a Job.

Now I have to figure out how to tell the fiance'. Its her B-day this weekend and we are getting married in October.

FML

Now to try and find a place that has decent pay and benefits.
Gonna wait a little longer then throw my app at Stone.

What type of work did you do?

I'd look at contract houses. They tend to pay a little more but... no benefits.
Companies I worked for tend to use contractors, then bring them on direct if
things work out well. I worked for a contract house called Triad for a while.
Give that some serious consideration.

I work for BNSF Railroad. Lots of traveling but pay is pretty good depending on the craft you get hired into. Need to be able to pass a drug test. We've been bringing on a lot of new people for all the different crafts. (Engineers/Carmen/welders/signalmen). Most the stuff they'll hire & train you for. BNSF.com/careers if you want to check it out. Anyways, just throwing it out there for ya.

Well i posted up earlier but apparently i didnt hit the Reply button. oops Anyway Tom sorry to hear that man, the towing/recovery business is always looking for good people and most companies will train and get you certified on there dime. However i do have a good friend that just started with BNSF and is really liking that also. Good luck man!!!!!!

I will check into the BNSF for sure and the contracting houses.

Worst thing I have going for me is being a Felon. Really comes back and bites when you try to get a job.

Thanks for the good wishes, really been down over this.

I will check into the BNSF for sure and the contracting houses.

Worst thing I have going for me is being a Felon. Really comes back and bites when you try to get a job.

Thanks for the good wishes, really been down over this.
Thats why most Felons are Tow truck drivers!!!!!!!! :smoker: lol

Back