• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What coil springs for 3" lift?

Greenneck

NAXJA Forum User
First off I just wanna say Im new here so sorry if my post here is wrong or something.

So I tried doing a search but was unable to easily find the info I need. Im working on a budget 3" lift for my 87 xj. I have my rear leafs figured out but now am unsure of what springs to use up front. I will not be going off road often so my major goal is ride quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

if your after ride quality, you'll want 3" coils.
anything else will either stack spacers, use a stiffer spring from a different vehicle, or a combination of.

at 3", get some full coils, some adjustable arms, or proper length non adjustable and some good quality shocks and your ride will be just fine... course it won't exactly be budget.

my rubicon express 3.5" coils had road REALLY nice..... i had the Super-ride lift opposed to the Super-flex, but i believe the coils are the same

I have the RE 3.5" coils and I am fairly happy with them, But since they are no longer in business that isnt much of an option. I have OME (old man emu) 3" HD leafs in the rear and they are very soft. I can't imagine how soft their Med duty springs are?! I hear nothing but good coments on them as far as ride quality I would go with a 2-3" OME kit for sure.

For 3in I went with ironrockoffroad those guys are awsome also picked up some shox from pepboys using my measurements for like 60 bucks. The guys at iron rock are great to deal with as well

Back