• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 Limited Slip

Depends on your future plans for the axle. If you just want a D44, it should serve you well and you may gain a bit of traction from the LSD. If you want a D44 with a properly functioning factory limited slip, you will likely need to rebuild the clutch pack in it. If you're planning on installing a lunchbox locker, I believe there are more available choices if you buy a D44 without the LSD. If you're planning on going with a full case locker, then it really doesn't matter at all...

Edit: Oh, and try to talk that guy down on price a bit unless he's already rebuilt it...

Last edited:
Yeah, way over priced. I can sell you the one out of my wifes jeep for a lot less...and i'm about 20 miles closer to vegas ;)

If it's a dana trac loc lsd, then it's useless regardless of the condition of the clutch packs. The only negative is as mentioned above, is if you want to install a lunch box locker, like an aussie or spartan, you will need to get a new carrier.

If it's a dana trac loc lsd, then it's useless regardless of the condition of the clutch packs. The only negative is as mentioned above, is if you want to install a lunch box locker, like an aussie or spartan, you will need to get a new carrier.

Lockers are available for the limited-slip carriers!

Back