• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

doubler case

Icemans

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if you can put a Toyota front half of a case onto the back of my AW4?

I'm looking into doing a doubler. I'm not so fond of the Mad Rooster kit because I don't really want to cut up a good 231. So I was wondering if I could put a front half of a Toyota transfer case behind my AW4 then put a flipped DANA 300 behind that. I am still in the pricing faze and am not sure it is worth it for the money, but I thought I would at least look into it. I have also looked into other options but I am still pondering. By the time I put all the money into building a doubler I can almost buy a 4sp Atlas. So what do you guy's think?

I will look into it more. I know that they make a toyota front halft to a dana 300 adpter but it is like $500 and change. Then $400 at most into a used Dana 300. Then I think I would rather run the stack builet Dana 300 case http://www.stak4x4.com/Dana_300/replace-a-case.htm but it's like $725.00. Its set up for drivers side drop and it's not flipped. So I will do some more research and see then I will post up when I find out. Thank you!

No i'm really pushing for a stupid low. I would like to get down in the 10.5:1 range in the transfer case. That will give me sum were in the 203:1 final drive range if all goes well. I really like to crawl.

Back