• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zone's Nitro Shocks

It's strange cuz from the reviews I did find on them, everyone praises them and says they ride great. But most people say RC, skyjacker, etc nitro shocks ride too stiff.

This is what I got from Zone:

Hey Chris,

Our Nitro shocks have a valving which makes them seem soft on compression but always have a constant outward force due to the Nitrogen charge inside which is at 150psi.

Nice rig by the way!

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else!

Thanks,

Mike

Zone Offroad

people running zone offroad shocks talking about how great they ride, is like watching a fat slob at mcdonalds praise the secret sauce...

hey, if it works for you, GREAT! but i prefer custom valving, or DARE I ASK, valving specific to the vehicle make and model... which is 2 steps above any white rocket imho.

people running zone offroad shocks talking about how great they ride, is like watching a fat slob at mcdonalds praise the secret sauce...

hey, if it works for you, GREAT! but i prefer custom valving, or DARE I ASK, valving specific to the vehicle make and model... which is 2 steps above any white rocket imho.

The New Zone Nitro Series shocks absorber offers the ultimate in control and performance. The full displaced valving offers a better valving range on both the compression and extension travel. This vehicle specific valving is pressurized with 150 psi nitrogen gas. This gas charge ensures split second response and reduced aeration. Combine these features with the special Fluon banded piston and this shock is built to perform!

It says vehicle specific valving........unless it's false advertising.

I say buy them and wheel with them and let us know. With my kind of wheeling no white rocket type shock holds up. Im basically saying every shock of that nature has blown seals out. Rancho, procomps, rubicon express have all failed on me. Bilstein 7100s have not. Stay away from fox shocks as well. Ive seen too many with leaking seals. I cant say how well they do other wise though.

I say buy them and wheel with them and let us know. With my kind of wheeling no white rocket type shock holds up. Im basically saying every shock of that nature has blown seals out. Rancho, procomps, rubicon express have all failed on me. Bilstein 7100s have not. Stay away from fox shocks as well. Ive seen too many with leaking seals. I cant say how well they do other wise though.

I've never blown shocks from wheeling but I've had shocks go bad, like my RC 2.2's which all leaked within a year. It wasn't from the abuse but from inferior shock manufacturing. I'm still running one that's leaking up front. I bet it's empty by now.

I might get em. I was considering Bilsteins but I'm getting a wrangler soon and don't want to put much more into this xj since I won't be driving it much. I just upgraded my steering to currie's so that's enough as it is lol.

Found out. ;)

Received em today, rather quickly after ordering em last thursday. Out of the box, they seem like any ordinary shock but the valving is what's different. Like the tech guy at Zone stated, compression is soft, and extension has force to it. These are completely different than skyjacker nitros. The nitros i played with at 4wd hardware needed my entire body weight on it to compress that sucker. These I can compress by hand with just a tad bit of force. I'm liking what I feel. The compression/extension valving reminds me of OME's valving. We will find out how they ride tmw when I install em.

So it seems what they say about em is actually true.

Found out. ;)

Received em today, rather quickly after ordering em last thursday. Out of the box, they seem like any ordinary shock but the valving is what's different. Like the tech guy at Zone stated, compression is soft, and extension has force to it. These are completely different than skyjacker nitros. The nitros i played with at 4wd hardware needed my entire body weight on it to compress that sucker. These I can compress by hand with just a tad bit of force. I'm liking what I feel. The compression/extension valving reminds me of OME's valving. We will find out how they ride tmw when I install em.

So it seems what they say about em is actually true.
It'll be nice to hear how they work for you. Definitely let us know

It'll be nice to hear how they work for you. Definitely let us know

We'll find out in about 3 weeks when he is bitching about them getting stiff! :D OME FTW!

Even if they are "white shocks", that doesn't matter. It's the valving that counts. If the valving is vehicle specific, then it's gonna be a decent shock. If valving is "one side fits all", then it's shit, like Rancho 5000's.

Yeah their cheap and not $100+ like the shocks the pros run, but I don't need that expensive shit cuz i'm not launching my rig in the air or flying over bumps at 65 mph. I'm a slow-goer who does forrest trails, mud runs, and pebble crawling. The shocks will be fine for the job I'm asking of them.

:)

Back