• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GC disk conversion spacer

seth15210

NAXJA Forum User
so im almost wrapped up with my xj d44 build up. im to the GC disk swap, and have done the research about the spacer issue. i have the xj style retainer but i also have the tj retainer. they both came with my new superior axels and i haven't installed either yet. my question is which is the better way to go, modify the tj retainer or get the spacer from teraflex. my local 4x4 shop can get the spacers for $15. is there a preferred method, money and order time are not a issue. but thats why im asking before i do anything.

Make sure you check the bolt patterns on those retainers that came with your Superiors. Mine came with two sets, one for discs and one for drums, but neither were drilled correctly for my XJ44. Still kind of miffed they advertise the Super 44 kit as a TJ/XJ kit but don't give you the retainers for an XJ44...

Make sure you check the bolt patterns on those retainers that came with your Superiors. Mine came with two sets, one for discs and one for drums, but neither were drilled correctly for my XJ44. Still kind of miffed they advertise the Super 44 kit as a TJ/XJ kit but don't give you the retainers for an XJ44...

did you contact superior, thats really screwy. i checked the xj spacer and it fits but i couldnt find the tj retainer to check it. its in my pile of crap somewhere.

I used the XJ retainers and tack welded the Teraflex spacers to them because it is somewhat of a pain to get the spacer and backing plate lined up with my fat fingers. No issues.

Only from Tera-flex or one of their vendors!

I have crown vic backing plates with exploder discs/calipers on my XJ 44 and picked up TJ rubicon backing plates from the stealership for ~3 bucks each, expanded a piece of muffler onto a D44 backing plate, slid the TJ rubicon plates onto the jig, redrilled, and have been good since like 2006.

Back