• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fun with Cheerleaders

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
Cheerleader Jeeps, that is... My friend David's 97 TJ was in need of some love. He had some toasted seals/bearings in his turdy-five, saggy springs, and simply a sad outlook on jeep life. Josh threw a fairly fresh 4.10 geared Ford 8.8 under there a couple weeks ago, and regeared the front to match, so this weekend David and I put a little air under her.

Stock and sad:
DavesTJ002.jpg

1/2 way there -- 2" OME lift installed in back:
DavesTJ003.jpg

2" OME installed all around:
DavesTJ004.jpg

There is no SYE planned, and it had some vibes under acceleration after the OME lift (have you guys ever seen the rear driveshaft on a TJ? Jeebus, its shorter than a baby's arm...). So it got some BrownDog 1" lift motor mounts and a 1.25" body lift to straighten out the angles. We also threw in some JKS quicker disconnects in front and some 1.25" wheel spacers to keep em out of the fenders... Finished!:
DavesTJ005.jpg

Some death wobble last night, so the troubleshooting begins, but she'll eventually end up on 33" pizza cutters, and should look/work pretty damn well. :yelclap:

bwahahahahahahahahahahhahah! ;)

Thread brings the phunnay! :yelclap:

I'm going back to Pirate, I mean its just a useless TJ so why aren;t you whipping out the plasma and hacking off as much body panels as you can in order to fit some 37's with just that OME lift?

I'm going back to Pirate, I mean its just a useless TJ so why aren;t you whipping out the plasma and hacking off as much body panels as you can in order to fit some 37's with just that OME lift?

Uh...... didn't you see the size of that guy??????

DavesTJ004.jpg

If he wants his little lift and little tires....... you do as he asks. I don't think he'd take kindly to his TJ being referred to as "useless"...... :D

shit man, I'm from the south. he's just a skinny boy with sideburns. :D

LOL, yeah, a 6'7", 300lb "skinny guy with sideburns" -- chime in whenever you like, Dave!;)

Back