• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

on a 4.0 HO should I run a dynomax turbo muffler or a flowmaster 40

I run dynomax on all my stuff, and love it. Will say my less then 1 year old dynomax muffler on jeep just broke, the inlet pipe weld completly failed and slid out like 3 inches. But thats the firrst prob ive ever had with one.

i also ran the dynomax. it is very quiet i didnt like it. i now have a super 40. i ran it with a cat for a while and it had a nice tone. i now run it with no cat and it sounds like a v8. definitely the 40 if you already have it

I have a 40... sounds great, but loud. They also are not noted for performance. Dynomax sounds good but quieter and probably better flow.

Dynomax-- I can't STAND drone-masters....I have had 5 mufflers on my XJ in the years I have ownedit to get the best sound---
dynomax has won so far...:listenmus

To me having a nice sound and being loud are totally different. I had a super 40, and while it was loud it didn't have the greatest sound above 2500 RPM. It also rattled the crap out of my interior. The dynomax isn't much louder than stock, but it gives it a better tone than stock once it breaks in. I like loud exhaust (I run straight-piped tractors) but the rattles in the interior kind of drowned out any nice sound the flowmaster made.

To me having a nice sound and being loud are totally different. I had a super 40, and while it was loud it didn't have the greatest sound above 2500 RPM. It also rattled the crap out of my interior. The dynomax isn't much louder than stock, but it gives it a better tone than stock once it breaks in. .

Im going to agree with that .....my 93 came with a flowmaster on it. I much prefer the dynomax I put on my 01.

i also ran the dynomax. it is very quiet i didnt like it. i now have a super 40. i ran it with a cat for a while and it had a nice tone. i now run it with no cat and it sounds like a v8. definitely the 40 if you already have it
uh you need your hearing checked, theres no way you can make a 4.0 sound anywhere close to a v8, but you can make it sound like a loud tractor

flowmaster=super crappy quality, really anoying
dynomax=kinda crappy quality, sounds good

I had both, didn't like the dynomax's tone. the flowmaster was louder than I'd like but I thought it sounded good. I have a magnaflow now and I love it. deep sound, and doesn't get really loud until I mash the throttle. Good balance of volume and tone I think. Didn't notice a performance difference between any of the three.

im with grimm. i feel like the two you are comparing are at the far ends of the spectrum and that magnaflow is good middle ground. i run one and am very pleased with it

Magnaflow for sure, performance-curve.com has a catback for 100$+ship
On the other hand, dynomax has a 75$ rebate on their super turbo cat back.
I got my maggy 14" on amazon for 49$/free ship My XJ had a turndown on it when I got it. I like it that way.

gotta have the flows....

WhistleTips_AlarmClock_WooWoo.jpg

Just ordered a dynomax super turbo cat back off of 4wheelparts.com. Starting price was $185 - 10% then a $75 rebate and free shipping. I couldnt turn down that offer catback for less than $100 not a bad deal.

Back