• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to Xj,Ball joint ?

spicer is a good brand, but you can probably find em cheaper than that locally... unless the price went up since the last time I did mine.

Did you mean to post this in both the OEM and Mod sections?

look in the faq section, the one above OEM tech on the main forum page. my writeup is in there with the correct part numbers for the seals and everything you need to know about changing them, as long as you have a non-disconnect housing that is.

Spicer balljoints at alljeep.com for $48 a side shipped. Best deal out there on quality balljoints. Don't go with noname crap Autozone made in china BS or you'll be replacing them again.

Got Bad balljoints and was lookin for some and found these, http://completeoffroad.com/i-123665-...ds-706944.html, was wondering if anyones used this brand and if they hold up good for 42.25 a side.

I bought my Spicers from them a couple months ago. My research has shown them to be your best bet. Have fun with the removal/install. A good trick I learned is to tighten down the ball joint press and use a 3lb sledge to pop them loose. It keeps the load on the press low and once they start to move just use the press to get them out. I hope that makes sense.

IMG_3050.jpg

It honestly is not a big job. It's very easy actually. Took me like 20mins to remove/install the new ones once I got the hub off. If you live in the rust belt and it's the first time these hubs have been taken off, THEN you're going to have fun. Anti-seize is your friend for re-installing the hubs upon completion.

If you live in the rust belt and it's the first time these hubs have been taken off, THEN you're going to have fun.

i agree, the first time i had mine out was a nightmare. now i like to back all the bolts out about an inch, then wedge a 2x4 between the front most bolt and the inner C, start the jeep and turn the wheel. the power steering will pop it right out for you :D

Ok so I think this should go in this post. I didn't do any reasearch and ended up buying eBay ball joints and tie rod ends. They were put together in a pack for 68 dollars I think. Any way should I replace these with spicers or some other brand name ones or just wait for them to go bad. I just want to avoid catastrophic failure.

Ok so I think this should go in this post. I didn't do any reasearch and ended up buying eBay ball joints and tie rod ends. They were put together in a pack for 68 dollars I think. Any way should I replace these with spicers or some other brand name ones or just wait for them to go bad. I just want to avoid catastrophic failure.

that's up to you. Usually they don't just fail catastrophically but ya never know.

Back