• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Guide Book

96XJ9705

NAXJA Forum User
What is the best trail guide book for the SoCal area including Death Valley and the Panamint Valley area? I'm trying to find one with more than just SUV trails or gravel roads.

Thoughts and opinions?

The Charles Wells books are great and have a variety of trails for easy to difficult.

the Back Country Adventures books are good for easy scenic trails and do a great job talking about the history of the trails and the different areas.

Josh

What is the best trail guide book for the SoCal area including Death Valley and the Panamint Valley area? I'm trying to find one with more than just SUV trails or gravel roads.

Thoughts and opinions?

IDK about a book, but hit me up whenever you might be looking to go, I'm in Lancaster and Panamint and the surrounding areas look to be my training grounds..

Thoughts and opinions?

What kind of trails are you looking to run?

Also check out some of the books by Roger Mitchell

Mainly looking for trails that are short of lockers (for right now) that are challenging enough to keep subaru's and tahoes away while a jeep with clearance can make it, some body damage acceptable, and that lead to something cool (ghost town, old mines, great views, that fishing hole that no one else knows about, etc). Thanks!

IDK about a book, but hit me up whenever you might be looking to go, I'm in Lancaster and Panamint and the surrounding areas look to be my training grounds..

A group of us from Ridgecrest are looking to do the Pleasant Canyon/South Park Canyon loop on Saturday.

For the record there is a good amount of snow up there and mud. We didn't make it to the striped butte over look, but we did make it to Rita's cabin and over middle park and then down south park. That alone was worth the drive.

Back