• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reverse Rear bump stop spring plate?

Demolition_x

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for something like this

universal-u-bolt-plate-rear-jks-ogs971.jpg

I recall one of the fabrication sites offering the plate for this versus the JKs plate (pictured above 95 bucks)

Does any one know where I can get something like the piece above but way cheaper?

If not I guess I will have to make my own just limited on time.

Thanks in advance.

DPG uses a trapezoidal piece of metal which will contact your frame, doesnt' need to be a circle.

Why don't you have rear bumpstops on the frame?

DPG uses a trapezoidal piece of metal which will contact your frame, doesnt' need to be a circle.

Why don't you have rear bumpstops on the frame?

Because the bolts rusted away and broke off in the frame. I was thinking something like this:
DYS-KU09006BK.jpg

would be mounted on the plate and contact the frame rather than the stock bump stop.

I guess I am just trying to re invent the wheel with this one.

I can't speak for the JKS bumps, but on the DPG's you still need the factory bump for them to hit against. I'd imagine the JKS's are the same as a metal on metal bump doesn't sound like the best idea. You could try putting a cylindrical bump on the plate like the one you pictured above, but it would have to be pretty darn tall (I'm guessing about 6" if you have 33" tires) and I'm not so sure it would actually hit the frame squarely if your rear axle was articulated.

I'm sure this can probably be done the way you're envisioning it, but make sure you take some good measurements, mock it up, and flex it out first before you go and dump money on the bumps.

here is the plate I made with the quadratec bumpstop
scan2047.jpg

Back