• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon - 4/5 & Hungry Valley 4/7

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
Well I found some time to come back down and get the jeep. Sorry I know it's during the week but week days are easier for me to get away.

Let me know if yo can make either.

I will run most of the trails at Corral Canyon - Connector, sidewinder, bronco, etc.

I will only run a trail or two at Hungry Valley on my way back up to Sacramento.

Josh

FYI: I called the forest office and there are three new jeep trails off gunslinger. only the first one is currently open and the middle two are in progress and not officially open although they can be run out and back.

These trails are built by volunteers and the effort is being led by Tierra Del Sol jeep club of San Diego. The trails are currently unnamed and will be named by the volunteers that worked on them.

I will run the new trail that is open dubbed 911A by the forest service.

The trail is right off the beginning of Gunslinger to the right and can be seen on Google earth.

Josh

yeah they just had a trail clearing off of gunslinger just a few days ago. im anxious to hit the new trails out there

Just got back.

Connector is a LOT tougher than the last time I was there, 5-6 years ago. Oh crap was I in for it...

I ran connector first and it took 2.5 to 3 hours and had to winch at the last big rock obstacle just after the last switch back.

Ran Gunslinger backwards then the new trail off Gunslinger, 911A. Then drove around to Bronco Peak through Bronco Flats and then ran Sidewinder. This all took another 4 hours with a lunch in there.

Rocks were trying to open my jeep like a tin can! All in all only thing that broke was a front bump stop and I had a great time.

Josh

From Yesterday at Corral Canyon.

Bronco Peak Connector

IMG_0254.jpg

getting out of that huge v notch
IMG_0260.jpg

Damaged the D pillar and hatch on that exit
IMG_0263.jpg

Damage to the doors on the first switch back of Bronco Peak Connector.
IMG_0489.jpg

Do any of you guys know if any of the obstacles on any of the trails have commonly used names? ie Gatekeeper and so on.

I am working on entering my waypoints and would like to use names commonly used by the public.

Thanks
Josh

Back