• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

home brew long arm

lsc910

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone just have a few questions for all of you. I have a 93 cherokee with 5.25 inches of lift right now but I want to do long arms and don't have a lot of money. my lift consist of rough country adjustable upper and lower arms,4.5 inch rough country coils, and a 1 inch spacer. I have been searching around for threads about home brew long arm brackets for some time now and can't seem to find to much on it. The reason for the long arm is for some what of a softer ride. My questions about doing this are what type of tube should I be using and is there any special place I should be mounting the rear lower mounts. I'm thinking I might try to make a cross member and build my mounts off of them. Well I hope to hear from some one soon about this matter, thanks for the time.

.25 wall 1.5" tube at the bare minimum.

A crossmember works, and welding them straight to frame stiffeners works as well. I like the idea of a crossmember because you can tuck it up between the frame rails easier.

You can buy a beef cross member from froelich for 350, reuse the ends on your rk arms (assuming they'll fit), and just make your own arms.

You'll need tubing (2"x.25" round dom is what I would use for the lowers, could get away with smaller on the uppers), threaded inserts, joints of your choice (plenty to choose from. Rustys has rubber ones, ballistic has nice polly and flex joints, and rough stuff is the only way to go for heims imo), welder, and a measuring tape. Pretty straight forward build.

Back