• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Could somebody help me

Chowderr

NAXJA Forum User
I am having trouble starting my jeep. It is cranking but not turning over. I am getting no gauges but i am getting spark. I replaced the CPS and the problem is still there. I need to figure out if it is the fuel pump. Any other ideas?

I posted up in the OEM tech and I only got a response from a guy telling me to do something that I stated that I did already. Here's the link http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1045952

Thanks

for the fuel pump, put the key in the run position and then push in the schrader valve on the fuel rail. If fuel squirts out then you've got fuel.

Or starting fluid...if it runs for a few seconds on starting fluid then dies, you're lacking fuel.

At that point you need to check the wire at the tank for power, should be hot (10 volts or more) for 2 seconds after turning the key on. No power, check the fuse and the relay. Good power, bad fuel pump.

Thanks yall. It does start to turn with starter fluid. Ill check the voltages tomorrow.

Bad power. I switched the fuel pump relay with an O2 relay and it still wont start. I'm about to check the fuses again. I did the ohm test on the new and old CPS and they were the same. How strict is Autozone on their returns?

It was the fuse for the fuel pump partially pulled out. There was something in there preventing it from going in all the way. Thanks for all the help y'all.

Yeah they make you feel like a dumb ass tho

Back