• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Down LED tail light harness

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
Well since i was doing a couple "factory type" harnesses i thought i would document it... It's nothing special just thought i would share for those of which that have a hard time figuring it out.
Ill start off by the tools i used.
IMAG0047.jpg

You will need:
Wire cutters/strippers
I used heat shrink tube to seal things up good
lighter to shrink the tube
and a sharpie to label if needed.

I started off by figuring out which wires were which.
Blue/red wire was for running lamps
White was for the stoplight switch
Brown was for the Blinkers
and black was for the ground

I am not using reverse lights with this setup, because they don't work on the jeep anyways so I figured I would go this route.

The wires on the trailer LED lights should all be the same
Black is the running lamp red is the switch for brake/turn. and white is the ground.

Pretty simple after that but heres some pictures to show how the process went.
IMAG0048.jpg

First you want to cut the stock harness.
IMAG0052.jpg

Then start figuring out where the wires will go. Pretty simple if you already know, but that's why I made this so you don't have to do much messing with it.
IMAG0053.jpg

Here i am just heat shrinking all of the wires together.
IMAG0054.jpg

Here is pretty much finished product.
IMAG0055.jpg

And here are both harnesses/lights all together. Like I said not the greatest write up but its there to get you started!
The first harness took me over an hour because I was figuring out what went where. Second one took all of 5 minutes.
Now i just need to fight with the company I ordered lights from because i got 3 amber lights and 1 red.
If there are any question's feel free to post up or PM me!

Back