• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1978 2WD f250/350

Jeepxj5209

NAXJA Forum User
Is this the same D60 that would be in the 4wd?

If so its a 35 spline correct?

Some one has one for sale i might be trading some stuff for, if so, whats a good price do you guys think?

Rear D60's are typically 30 spline, not 35 spline. The D70 came 35 spline.

It is the same 2wd vs 4wd though. Full float, 30 spline, very heavy - not the best solution for our rigs either way.

For price? No more than $100. I have one sitting in my garage I can't get anyone to take.

yes the 4wd front 60's. id assum if the front 60 is a 35 spline, the rear would be 35 spline.

and if the rear axle is the same 2wd/4wd, it should be 35pline right?

Im doing 60's and from all my searching 78-79 is the best years for 60's

and if i can get the rear 60 now, i only have to worry about getting the front 60 later

the rear is definitely 30 spline for 78-79. you do have the option of boring out the spindles and buying 35 spline shafts, though.

AFAIK, for all stock 60s, the front inners are 35 spline, and they have 30 spline outers.

the rear is definitely 30 spline for 78-79. you do have the option of boring out the spindles and buying 35 spline shafts, though.

AFAIK, for all stock 60s, the front inners are 35 spline, and they have 30 spline outers.

You're leaving out the awesome 94-02 Dodge D60s.

32-spline inners.

:D

Yeah i considered the hp 44, but i figure go big or go home, i atleast want 39's or 40's
im about to have a daily driver so this can become my project build

im going to go junk yard diving at the local you pic you pull's

i think its $76 per axle no matter what it is, but you have to pay for calipers and stuff

Yeah i considered the hp 44, but i figure go big or go home, i atleast want 39's or 40's
im about to have a daily driver so this can become my project build

im going to go junk yard diving at the local you pic you pull's

i think its $76 per axle no matter what it is, but you have to pay for calipers and stuff

well if you're looking for cheap 8 lug, get a 14 bolt rear. a stock rear dana 60 is in no way a 'trail axle'.

see, i have a 9 inch/HP44 right now, but i want one tons if im building this. the extra pinion bearing is a HUGE plus

the 14b is huge, and i personally dont have the confidence to start shaving a 14b yet

see, i have a 9 inch/HP44 right now, but i want one tons if im building this. the extra pinion bearing is a HUGE plus

the 14b is huge, and i personally dont have the confidence to start shaving a 14b yet

do you have the confidence to bore the spindles, and get dana 70 shafts for the 60?

or to cut the 60 down, weld new ends on and run semi float 5 lug shafts (getting 5 lug hubs for the front..)?

the fastest route from A to B will be a 14b. as gay as they are.

just run a 14b. they can be rock anchors, but whatever. its cheap and strong, and if/when you someday have the confidence to shave it, you can go to town on it.

I had absolutely no idea what I was doing or what I was getting myself into. The result has more clearance then my HP60.

j0fnn6.jpg

102qcfn.jpg

Damn, that looks good, i've been using friends welders so far, im thinking about buying one soon, looking at a hobart 140 i think it is, rated up to 1/2 steel and around 800-900 dollars if i recall correctly

Back