• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do i tell if my d30 is bent ?

xj-krawler88

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys i got a 96 xj 5.5 rubicon express lift sa on 33s i just over hauled my d30 new ball joints u joints and beefed out my t-bar mount and put one ton linkages on it "t" style.. now after all this work my buddie who installed the set up says "dude i think your d30 is bent":doh:......thier is about 1/4 inch lean in on top of the passnger tire and about 1/4-1/2 on driver side which makes him beleve the d30 is bent.. now i tried before to get a shop to align it with a machine they said no that was before the new parts were installed.. now i want to put 4;56 gears in front and back my rear is a d44 i swaped in so before i put more money in it how is a good way to tell if my d30 is trash or it just needs a proper alignment any advice would be helpfull thanks guys :rof:

Is the tube in the middle closer to the ground than at the sides? I bent my D30 and it was 1/2" closer to the ground in the middle than out closer to the knuckles.

Back