• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock sway bar bushing size

visit Autozone, O'reily..Pepboys,,,and they will measure it for you.
as far as I remember can be from 23 up to 28 mm diameter.

or get a $4 measuring caliper at harbor freight..
hope this helps

They're sized based upon the diameter of your sway bar where it passes though the bushings. So, as mentioned above, you can measure it using some calipers. No calipers handy? Snug down a large adjustable (crescent) wrench on the sway bar and then measure the opening with a metric ruler or, if you have a large enough set of metric open end wrenches, see which one fits the bar snugly. While a decent set of calipers should be in every wrencher's tool box, their accuracy is not absolutely necessary here since the sizes are in even millimeters.

Ok cool thanks I do have a set of calipers. My grand father gave them to me he was a machinist I thought I would never use them haha I guess I will do I measure the sway bar itself or the ends that go through the bushing. Upper or lower

do I measure the sway bar itself or the ends that go through the bushing. Upper or lower

Upper or lower? Hmmm... Are you talking about the bushings on the sway bar links, or the bushings in the mounting brackets that hold the sway bar to the frame?

I dunno haha I think the links the four lower mounting points on the axel and next ones up the are all completely mushroomed out around the bolts and also I had that little bushing pop out of the sway bar it's self and the bolt pulled thru the sway bar I just put the bushing back in and put a huge washer in will that be ok

I'm friggin' lost at this point. Just get a complete set of sway bar mounting bushings for the frame, after measuring the bar diameter, and then get a new set of end links with bushings and be done with it.

And no, jury-rigging it with washers doesn't sound real safe.

Back