• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Cooler Line

abzrocka

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me what size wrench I will need to remove the cooler line from the transmission? 92 AW-4. Thanks much.

Any other tips for removal and installation would be greatly appreciated.

It's a 14m/m O-ring fitting, so I think it's up around 19 or 20m/m (I used a standard-issue left-handed ISO crescent wrench to remove mine - I know they're not in that tight.)

I do suggest you put some PTFE or never-seez on the threads before you put it back in, and tighten to "three flats past finger tight" (install to finger tight, and turn one-half turn with a wrench.) No more. And be sure to put on new O-rings.

I used a 7/8" wrench to remove the fittings from the transmission. Fits quite nicely.

To remove the lines from the fittings, you need a quick disconnect tool. So far the best I have found was the color coded aluminum set from autozone. Avoid the plastic ones and the all-in-one scissor ones, they are worthless and will only frustrate you.

Back