• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lock Rite Treat You Right

HttpWayne

NAXJA Forum User
So... I was just wondering.... I have a LockRite for a D35 laying around.... can that be stabbed into a D30?
Has anyone tried this. ?
What are the differences. ?

Wayne P.~

there is a right up on NAXJA somewhere. My friend put an aussie for a d35 in his d30, and it seems to be working for him, I havent heard him complain yet.

there is a right up on NAXJA somewhere. My friend put an aussie for a d35 in his d30, and it seems to be working for him, I havent heard him complain yet.

Awesome possum. I'm doing it.

The fact that Rocky-Road advertises them being a few dollars different makes me wonder however.... and the fact that they do have different part numbers.

So what IS the difference?

...just looked at the Chrysler 8.25 manual too and it is also the same manual....

But RR charges almost a hundred more for that one. I think it's time to call Richmond.

...just looked at the Chrysler 8.25 manual too and it is also the same manual....

But RR charges almost a hundred more for that one. I think it's time to call Richmond.
The D35 and 8.25 lockers are definitely different units. I have heard the D35 carrier is the same as the D30 carrier so the lockers would be the same as well. The difference would be if you have a c-clip D35 because the D30 locker has no provision for c-clips.

of course they are the same manual. lockrights all work the same way, no matter what axle they go in. the pictures and directions are all the same.

And d35's do not use a d30 carrier. this thread cracks me up.

of course they are the same manual. lockrights all work the same way, no matter what axle they go in. the pictures and directions are all the same.

took the words right out of my mouth.

I know the D35 carrier isn't the same as the D30 myself as I was looking at upgrading to 4.10's and found out that I would have to get a new carrier for the front in order to do that.

With that being said, I found out that I have the chrysler 8.25 later on since I assumed I had the D35. I'm learning a lot this year.

So I have a lockrite PN 2311 and just wanted to know if it actually fits in a D30. I could care a less about carriers being the same. Let's stay on topic. If it works it works. If it doesn't it doesn't. I just need someone who has done/tried/knows someone who I can contact that has done it for details.

Back