• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Double cardan rebuild question

jake3240

NAXJA Forum User
I pulled my front driveshaft off to find out what was causing some vibes and the centering pin on the driveshaft seems to be pretty worn. Is this worth even rebuilding or should I find another and rebuild it instead?
BBQ.jpg

time to replace the ball side, the shaft side will likely be fine. to be safe though i'd replace the whole thing. the whole bearing surface has rusted up and is likely pitted and will never be smooth again. I bet that was making a little bit of noise :D gotta take em apart and repack em with grease every couple of years, more often if it's been submerged in water.

The centering stub is wasted also,either a complete rebuild or pull one from the JY.

I rebuilt mine 3 or 4 years ago, but it wasnt all rusty inside. I'd go grab a junkyard one that has good yokes and rebuild it with a new centering kit and u joints.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking with the way the centering pin was worn by the needle bearings. I figure I'll just try & find a better one from the junkyard and rebuild it. It did squeak pretty good when I flexed it. Thanks for the input. -Jake

Back