• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for some first hand accounts (AX15, 4.10s, 35s)

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
to anyone running this combo... what are your thoughts on it?

all of the RPM calculators say that there will only be 100-200RPM difference between the two tires across all normal on road speeds. and thats using the AX15s specific gearing ratios. the weight difference is only 3lbs as well (according to the internet) i understand there is more to running 35s than tire clearance. the specific question is with 4.10 gears. ill be putting them in my XJ, and will need new tires ragardless. on tirerack.com, the price betweeen 33" and 35" KM2s is only $2. my stock speedo gear will also be a lot closer with 4.10s/35s than it is/would be with 3.07s/32s or 4.10s/33s.

so... is there any good reason not to make the jump? it cant be any worse than 3.07s and 32s right? :dunno:

i have a 5-speed with 32s and 4.10s. I say for me now it's just okay. I wish it had 4.30s or 4.56s. It gets about 16mpg right now on average which isn't too bad.

take that for what it's worth, but with 35s you'd want 4.88s or 4.56 minimum.

I ran 4:10s and 35KM2s for a bit. Onroad it was alright, it was sluggish and 5th was almost useless on Colorado roads. Offroad it was terrible, it wanted to stall unless you were going faster than you should be.
I went to 4:88s and it switched, offroad is great, but onroad it seems like I need a 6th and 7th gear. Haha

I have ax5 410 and 35 bfg ats. Its alright. As said before 5th is sluggish and its rough offroad unless you are in low. But if it makes you feel any better I'm switching to 513s and adding a doubler. Still going to dd it. If your hitting 15-16 on the highway consider your self blessed on 35s

Back