• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ relocation bracket ??

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
Preface: I've read the threads. A lot. Obsessively, in fact.

What, exactly, is improved about the ride quality with the HD Offroad brackets? I have a specific complaint with my rig and would like to know if these are a smart for me & mine. Basically, my rig wobbles side to side on uneven bumps - going straight over a speed bump I like it just fine.

So what, exactly, did you notice that changed when you went with the HD Offroad brackets?

All the brackets do is make the shackle angle correct. The rest is up to you.
They also give @1" of lift too, but that is an added bonus to the likes of me.
If you have other issues, they are not a quick fix IMO.

Martin

Mine rides like a caddy and handles great with "F" 5.5", ACOS/RE 4.5" front, Drop brackets and Currie arms, "R" RE 4.5 springs, 1.5 shackles and relocation brackets, OME Nitro's on all 3 corners

Preface: I've read the threads. A lot. Obsessively, in fact.

What, exactly, is improved about the ride quality with the HD Offroad brackets? I have a specific complaint with my rig and would like to know if these are a smart for me & mine. Basically, my rig wobbles side to side on uneven bumps - going straight over a speed bump I like it just fine.

So what, exactly, did you notice that changed when you went with the HD Offroad brackets?

The rear springs softened up a little on mine since I went from a vertical shackle angle to 60 degrees. I netted 1/2" of lift.

They are mainly to fix your shackle angle which is causing the rough ride and hindering your droop.

My ride also improved with a 45* angle on the shackle. I also noticed that my axle does droop more than it did. Also made it alot easier to install the longer Deaver springs. Oh, and about 1" in height change.

My ride also improved with a 45* angle on the shackle. I also noticed that my axle does droop more than it did. Also made it alot easier to install the longer Deaver springs. Oh, and about 1" in height change.

Ive been thinking about getting the relocation box but right now I have deaver springs front (5.5" jeepspeed coils) and rear (G9 pack) with JKS boomerang shackle (dont remember the lift height from it, think its 1.5"). As it sits now its level. But If I get the relocation box it will sit high in the rear unless I get some different shackles or spring spacers for the front....What springs are you running in the front and what shackle in the rear?

If you go from vertical to 45 degrees or so, you will only net 1/2" to 3/4". Not much. Just don't use stock shackles cuz they don't work at 45 degrees.

Geez mudd, you're everywhere I am and always beating me to the bunch on posts. Knock that shit off :)

Ive been thinking about getting the relocation box but right now I have deaver springs front (5.5" jeepspeed coils) and rear (G9 pack) with JKS boomerang shackle (dont remember the lift height from it, think its 1.5"). As it sits now its level. But If I get the relocation box it will sit high in the rear unless I get some different shackles or spring spacers for the front....What springs are you running in the front and what shackle in the rear?

4.5 in front, but a custom JeeperJohn Fab werkz front axle brought it up to 6 7/8" over stock

JeeperJohn-front-axle-120.jpg

The rear I have the same as You, except I have the relocators. I put a level on the rock rail and it showed a lines width on the bubble (1/16" eprox), rake to the front.

Not the best pic for this but the only one I have right now, TDS 2011, we're off camber, on an angle up hill and in a hole in back, but You can just see the spring and rear shackle.

truckhaven-2011-ratchet-strap-107.jpg

Found another pic, though it is in My carport, it can give You a better idea how it sits

drive-shaft-jeep-002.jpg

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
yeah my jeep is pretty level now, with stock bumpers and no weight (gear) in the back. Guess Ill just have to add a 1" spacer in the front when I get the boxes, time will tell...

Back