• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Lock Question

alever

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what color wire on a '98 that goes from the dome light key transmitter, to the door locks would be? I have bought 2 remotes so far and tried to program them with the DRB tool, but they still won't program. Could this be an issue where the wire is broken? I also tried another dome light transmitter, from the junk yard and it still won't work?

Ok, so I tried again with the DRB. When you go through the steps to program the key fob, all the doors lock from the scan tool, then you're suppose to use the key fob to try and unlock them, and it will be programmed. We have tried both remotes, and it still does not work. I don't understand why the doors are locking when using the DRB, but the signal is not being sent from the remotes. I'm sure I have the right ones, they're both the square black remotes with the chrysler emblem on the front.

Could be the receiver or the transmitter, sadly not much of a way to check which it is without having a second already working and properly paired transmitter around.

The wires are dark blue (triggers unlock) and light blue with a red stripe (triggers lock) on a 99. My 98 factory service manual is at home so I can't check it right now unfortunately.

Could be the receiver or the transmitter, sadly not much of a way to check which it is without having a second already working and properly paired transmitter around.

The wires are dark blue (triggers unlock) and light blue with a red stripe (triggers lock) on a 99. My 98 factory service manual is at home so I can't check it right now unfortunately.

If you could check, that would be awesome! Still haven't gotten around to looking at it again.

Back