• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

daylight savings time!

i dont know about you guys, but my crew has been looking forward to this for a long time! 3 weeks ago we were working at night with a space heater, running back and forth to the jeeps to stay warm.... Its now also time to clean out the side yard and put in an order at us composites!

BEST TIME OF THE YEAR!! LETS GET SOME SHIT DONE!! TIME TO WORK!! TIME TO WORK!!

i dont know about you guys, but my crew has been looking forward to this for a long time! 3 weeks ago we were working at night with a space heater, running back and forth to the jeeps to stay warm.... Its now also time to clean out the side yard and put in an order at us composites!

BEST TIME OF THE YEAR!! LETS GET SOME SHIT DONE!! TIME TO WORK!! TIME TO WORK!!

Screw having to wake up extra early. I hate getting up at 330 and now its gonna be worse.

i hate sleep anyway, so I was looking forward to more daylight to get crap done. getting up an hour earlier didn't bother me much :D

No, what sucks is that the Citrix environment at work is outdated enough to not acknowledge the new varying DST... So at 3:07 today (by my computer's clock) I realized it was really 4:07 & I still had over an hour of work to get done before we closed at 4:30. Hyperdrive alert!!! And it'll be like this for a week or two--I'll learn to mentally compensate, and then it'll correct itself and I'll clock out & leave at 2pm instead of 3pm, like I accidentally did twice last spring. D'oh!

Oh, and I got home before the sun set (after an hour detour on the way home), so the timing felt right. Ran to Costco, got home, and it was 9pm!!! GAHHHH!!

It used to mess us up something furious in the days when I still made dinner every night... all of a sudden I'd be cooking dinner at 8pm, because the sun schedule told me to... Now, we all just kind of make our own food when we're hungry, so it's not so bad.

But I'll love the extra hour of daylight as soon as I adapt again.

I hate daylight savings time. They need to just leave it how it is, no fall back. Screw the farmers, they get up with the sun anyways, let them change their hours as the sun changes.

No, what sucks is that the Citrix environment at work is outdated enough to not acknowledge the new varying DST... So at 3:07 today (by my computer's clock) I realized it was really 4:07 & I still had over an hour of work to get done before we closed at 4:30. Hyperdrive alert!!! And it'll be like this for a week or two--I'll learn to mentally compensate, and then it'll correct itself and I'll clock out & leave at 2pm instead of 3pm, like I accidentally did twice last spring. D'oh!

Yesterday that happened to me with the computer in the garage, I was trying to call a company in the east coast and trying to figure out why the closed message kept coming on when it was only "4" eastern.

We set our clocks forward? I didn't notice, the sun is down when i get up and down when i go to bed..No biggie..The real good part is the heat thats coming out here, can you say NIGHT runs?:D

NIGHT runs.... there, I said it!

DST is a pointless and asinine idea these days, and should be stopped.

I'm probably going to put the main clock for me (my hallway Wx station) on Zulu and leave it there - and have an "offset card" on top of it. Turn it back and forth for DST or no (Z+7 or Z+8).

I already think on a 24-hour clock and I'm used to it (I ran around so much before, I just put my watch on Z and got the offset for where I was for a few years...) and it beats Hell out of trying to remember how to reset the clock because the damned politicians think it's a good idea twice a year...

I hate it. I'm still adjusting to it and hoping that I'll be out of it in the next day or two. Its like going on travel and changing sleep habits to fit the time.

Back