• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CA smog test questions

chasdb

NAXJA Member 3643
NAXJA Member
96 XJ 4.0 4X4. I got this one last year and have been trying to get this on the road. Had a random misfire, found cyl 2 bad, piston starting to melt Installed a good 96 engine from a Grand Cherokee, full tuneup and fluids and now the CAT emissions monitor wont complete. I have duplicated the drive cycle from the 2000 FSM, and have logged 150 miles driving to work. No codes, no pending codes, replaced the cat, swapped the rear O2 sensor from my 00 XJ and so far no luck. Runs real smooth no driveability issues. I can watch live data on my scanner and don't see anythin out of wack except short term fuel trim #2 reads NA. Any ideas? Dose CA BAR require all emission monitors to complete or is it like some other states that require 3 out of 5?

CA requires 6 out of 7 as of June last year, before that it was only 5 out of 7.

Either way, if thats the only one that hasn't run, you're good to go.

Thanks, I don't want to waste my free retest!

Back