• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

neon injectors ?

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
ok so a while back i posted a thread about injectors. i was told to use 95 - 97 neon injectors 2.0 or 2.4. well my buddy went to pull some from the junk yard yesterday and his findings were that one was the right lenght but the plug was different and one was too short but the plug was right. am i missing something? is there any modifying i have to do or are these plug and play? he has an h.o and my rig is a renix. a little info would help thanks.

do you have ev6 connectors (example)

or ev1 connectors (example)

they also sell an adapter for ev1 to ev6 plugs if your wiring harness is ev1 but want to upgrade to ev6. or just get the injector with the correct connector.

ok so a while back i posted a thread about injectors. i was told to use 95 - 97 neon injectors 2.0 or 2.4. well my buddy went to pull some from the junk yard yesterday and his findings were that one was the right lenght but the plug was different and one was too short but the plug was right. am i missing something? is there any modifying i have to do or are these plug and play? he has an h.o and my rig is a renix. a little info would help thanks.

I do not believe the Neon injectors will just "bolt up" on your Renix Jeep fuel rail. You will need the injector plug adapters.

ok so where do i get the adapters at i believe i have ev1 plugs. i looked at the precision injectors they arent the 4 hole like the neon injectors. i also looked at the mustang injectors. i think the neon will be the best bet.

ok so where do i get the adapters at i believe i have ev1 plugs. i looked at the precision injectors they arent the 4 hole like the neon injectors. i also looked at the mustang injectors. i think the neon will be the best bet.

For your Renix the 5.0 Mustang injectors would be the best bet as they directly fit.

ok so i have found now that the neon are more of a direct fit for the 91+ ho and the mustang are better for the renix. never thought there would be so much trouble in trying to figure outwhich injectors to run. there is way too much info on this forum. my brain hurts.

I used Volvo injectors of a 960/s90/v90. bosh part #0280155746. ev1 plug, four hole, 19lb hour, lots to find in the local junkyards, no problems. This is what they look like for reference..

IMHO $100 is a little pricey for used parts, rebuilt or not, but it does save time (unless you consider the time you took to work for the $100). Use this list if you Volvo's aren't your thing, it's a usefull list of flow rates of a ton of different injectors.

yup i think 25 bucks at a junk yard sounds about right. just kidding im not really to picky about price as long as im getting what i pay for. i was just under the impression that the 4 hole is what u want because they atomize better in cylinder. but i could be wrong. i dont know shit about injectors flow rates atomization etc. i just do what naxja tells me to do. 100 bucks seems reasonable but i have seen other flowmatched 4 hole injectors for a little more. problem is i dont understand how the fuel pressure, flow rate, and duration all comes into play. and when u guys say ev1 ev6 and all this other stuff i really have no idea what ur talking about. i would like to search and do research but i dont even know where to begin.

yup i think 25 bucks at a junk yard sounds about right. just kidding im not really to picky about price as long as im getting what i pay for. i was just under the impression that the 4 hole is what u want because they atomize better in cylinder. but i could be wrong. i dont know shit about injectors flow rates atomization etc. i just do what naxja tells me to do. 100 bucks seems reasonable but i have seen other flowmatched 4 hole injectors for a little more. problem is i dont understand how the fuel pressure, flow rate, and duration all comes into play. and when u guys say ev1 ev6 and all this other stuff i really have no idea what ur talking about. i would like to search and do research but i dont even know where to begin.

Good reason to spend the $100 and get the right ones instead of some you have to pull out of a junk yard motor that may be bad, need new o-rings or they'll leak etc........

If you have an 89, check out www.precisionautoinjectors.com. For under $100 you'll get 6 rebuilt, flow matched injectors shipped to your door, which are the later style, with o-rings. No guesswork.

I just installed a set of those last week in my 89. Within 20 minutes one injector had failed (stuck open). After replacing that with one of my originals, two other injectors took a dump (stuck open). Put all my OEM ones back in, runs fine. I've since been trying to get Precision to respond to my email inquiries on how to get these replaced under warranty. Left a message at the phone number listed on his site last night. So far no response. Can't say that I'm impressed by his quality of work or customer service. (n)

I have an 88 fuel rail and the neon injectors were a direct swap for me. If you need to know where I got them I can send you a link.

I just installed a set of those last week in my 89. Within 20 minutes one injector had failed (stuck open). After replacing that with one of my originals, two other injectors took a dump (stuck open). Put all my OEM ones back in, runs fine. I've since been trying to get Precision to respond to my email inquiries on how to get these replaced under warranty. Left a message at the phone number listed on his site last night. So far no response. Can't say that I'm impressed by his quality of work or customer service. (n)

Sorry to hear that. I've installed two sets on my own rigs with zero problems as have others on the forum. I'm getting ready to order another set for my son-in-law's project.

Back