• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cutting brake plumbing

WAM174

NAXJA Forum User
For a 97 XJ with ABS.

The cutting brake is all 3/8-24 inverted flare -- no problem. Napa hard-line will screw right in.

I'll probably cut apart the main rear feed line and flare that 3/8 and couple it to the new NAPA hard-line which goes to the cuttng brake input.

But the outputs now have to go to the two rears via two flex lines. I thought I might just retain the Jeep hard-lines on the rear axle, doing away with the Tee block. So I need to build up new flex lines to go to those two hard-lines. Anyone know if those are 3/8-24 inverted flares? Some sources say the later XJ's have metric fittings, some say the ABS cars use metric fittings. Many say only the master cylinder has metrics and 3/8-24 everywhere else.

Anyone know for sure? I'd like to buy my parts before I tear it down.

eaiest way to find out is see if napa has the rear rubber hose with the t and try some of there hard lines to see what size and thread it uses

Good idea. But all the parts houses in town have a business model of ordering whatever you need instead of stocking anything. Tried them all.

Everything on the XJ (every one I have ever worked on) is 3/8-24 EXCEPT the master cylinder and prop valve. Those vary depending on year and I believe the MJ prop valve differs from the XJ prop valve.

Back