• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35 C Problem

cj5wagomando

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone else had a cross pin sheere twice in the span of a couple months?

This is my sons YJ. We put a new pin in a couple months ago, but it appears to have broken again. The diff shop owner where we sourced the pin states that those pins are just sloppy in the carrier and they just "tend to break with no warning"

I am curious if this sounds odd to anyone else. The YJ has 30" tires and a 4 cyl / 5 speed.

I like this forum for help with my XJ (with a D44 ;) ) and was hoping someone here may have some info form me.
Thanks,

Dave

That sounds odd. The cross-pin should be tight in the carrier - not a press fit, but it shouldn't be loose.

You can buy hardened cross shafts,other than that it sounds like a skinny pedal issue!

That sounds odd. The cross-pin should be tight in the carrier - not a press fit, but it shouldn't be loose.

this. I have had to use a mallet to tap them in before. If it's sloppy it sounds like the carrier needs replaced.

Might be worthwhile to consider the 8.8 swap. It's just perches on a YJ.

OK Thanks I will be looking into this further. He definately needs a carrier for sure at this point. The cross pin is bent and spider gears came out in pieces.

Pick your Part.............here I come!

Dave.

I'd dump an 8.8 in it too. Putting anything in a d35 is throwing good money after bad and they come with all the common stock gear ratios except 3.07.

Please excuse the off-topic post, but I can't resist.

I didn't know they came in 35C. I've only ever seen 34C and 36C.

Back