• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crazy Tsunami video on news

Xtreme XJ

NAXJA Member #1138
NAXJA Member
Check out the news... 8.4 quake hit Japan... then the tsunami

Curt

Last edited:
Yea, they should make the rest of the week paid time off "just in case" my vacation seemed like it was my regular 2 days off...

Been watching it, dang, Japan is getting their Butts kicked.

Man, oh man its crazzy and sad..

hey wheres fordguy to chew your ass about posting something tragic? :p , this is horrible, thoughts and prayers go out to the people of japan, and I have friends in Hawaii, hope nothing happens to them :(

god speed

peace
ted

I gotta hand it to the Japs, they seem to keep their cool in all the different vids I've seen. You anticipate another Godzilla movie with them running and screaming all over the place, but instead it seems they have a real since of calmness and collectiveness during the quake. I'm not sure us Americans would keep it together as well. We tend to spaze out about the smallest crap; ofcourse the media doesn't help with that. I was watching one vid that looked like it was taking place in some sort of office building and as the quake is hitting this gentlmen runs over to this elderly gentlemen who was really struggling to get up and he simply stands over him to protect him from debris falling on him. I wish we showed respect and concern for our elderly like that. I hope that the worst is over for them and the death toll doesn't continue to rise.

From the reports and vids I've seen, it appears the most significant damage came from the tsunami and flooding and not the actual quake. I guess the structural engineers and building codes over there are doing their jobs.

tedward stirring the pot again? come on dude...let it go

Ive been watching all the videos and Im impressed with those building engineers! was crazy seeing those buildings sway like that without toppling over. Indeed the tsunami was the most destructive. Amazing how it still kicked some of the Cali coast butt.

The japanese are in my thoughts and I hope we dont have to deal with anything of that magnitude.

Back