• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy with questions...

YKPete

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody, just signed on. Im new to jeeps and just bought a '99 2 door, 4.0L, auto, 231... I've always been a toyota guy. Had a few trucks and 4runners but i mainly wheeled a '88 truck, flat-decked, lifted on 35s... was a wicked truck. Excited to start building/wheeling an XJ now!

First question: I may be looking at a leaking heater core and im wondering how hard it is to get to it? I live in northern canada so this is a huge concern lol...

And also, previous owner put on a dyno max cat-back but im looking for something deeper. Any suggestions as to a nice deeeeeeeep sounding muffler other than cherry bomb?

Thanks.

First question: I may be looking at a leaking heater core and im wondering how hard it is to get to it? I live in northern canada so this is a huge concern lol...

Have fun with that, the heater core is a PITA, but as you live in such a cold climate, i would definitely say that it's a necessity lol.

And also, previous owner put on a dyno max cat-back but im looking for something deeper. Any suggestions as to a nice deeeeeeeep sounding muffler other than cherry bomb?

Borla seems to make the most deep throaty sounding mufflers i think. Cherry bomb just sounds raspy to me.

Back