• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new project

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Well, last night I got the best birthday present ever, a 94 2 door 4x4 ax15 XJ. It has a blown engine and needs a bunch of work, but nothing serious as far as I can tell. The best part? It was FREE. :moon:

So, here is what will (hopefully soon) be my new daily driver. The interior is in great shape with the exception of the passenger seat which is pretty funky now.

2011jeep5.jpg

2011jeep1.jpg

More pics as I tear into it and get it back to being driveable. :roll:

yep, I'll take good care of it :cheers:

Just cleaned it out inside, found a bunch of mold under the back seat and around the cup holders in back, looks like the interior is going to have to come out so I can clean it all up and replace the seats and carpet. for now I have the hatch and doors open and its sitting in the sun to dry out. good thing half price weekend at the junkyard is coming up next week :D

Everybody loves pics right? Here are some more of my new toy.

damage first. looks like the jeep has been either sideswiped or rubbed on a pole or concrete wall at some point. nothing structural just cosmetic damage no biggie.
DSCF3598.jpg

DSCF3594.jpg

DSCF3583.jpg

busted windshield
DSCF3597.jpg

saggy headliner
DSCF3596.jpg

well there's your problem!
DSCF3585.jpg

DSCF3586.jpg

DSCF3588.jpg

DSCF3584.jpg

Interior is rough, in decent shape but moldy under the seats, especially the back one. the whole carpet is going to have to come out and i'll likely just replace it. Once that crap gets wet it's a lost cause.

So this is what stock steering angles are supposed to look like, I forgot :D
DSCF3599.jpg

brand new cat!
DSCF3592.jpg

8.25 rear end
DSCF3591.jpg

231 tcase
DSCF3590.jpg

and in front of that tcase is an ax-15 :D

DSCF3580.jpg

This jeep had a good long life, 282k miles and everything appears original. I couldn't find any rust underneath either, even though this XJ has a title from north carolina, and was last registered in nebraska. Inside I found a bunch of pamphlets for church services, and there is a sticker on the back window that says "Raft Naked!" :roflmao: Also, the original owners manual and warranty booklet.

It's going to take a lot of work, but I'm really excited about doing it. This is going to be fun :D I'm thinking it will be the perfect candidate for either a mild stroker, or a small block chevy swap. The perfect sleeper, I shall call him.... project street sleeper
Headbang_Emoticon_by_d3monthesicko.gif

Bitchen! If You do the V8 swap, wanna sell Me the valve cover off the blown 6?

Friggin nice brotha man, hey if you come across a unbroken fan shroud and a passenger side mirror (black) grab em for me yeah!!!!!!

I had a passenger mirror I got from eazyxjwj, gave it to ted. he has chromies though, maybe if he's not gunna use it i'll snag it for you from him its brand new. and hell i should start collecting fan shrouds everyone seems to be looking for one all the time, lol.

hey mike i know where a 98 4.0l head and block is if u need parts

Back