• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats the best kit now that RE is closed?

Whitetaild33r

NAXJA Forum User
Whats the best 3 inch lift kit now that Rubicon express is closed, Does anyone still have one of their 3.5 inch kits still in stock? Who should i be looking at now, i dislike the idea of a AAL, and would rather have full leafs.

You're best off mixing and matching.

Im running RE springs, but everything else is different.

BDS is where its at. No questions asked warranty. Mil wrap. Excellent community service.

I Chose Old man emu over R.E. off the bat . and my buddies with r.e. kits are envious of the ride quality and build quality.. Maybe they both got a bad batch but nothing but problems and little defects.. It Was THE big name company to buy parts from at the time ..

I Suggest Strongly you check out D.p.g. dirk has the greatest service ive ever seen in any buisness and carries R.E. and Old.Man.EMu. hybrid kits..
Because like someone said the best kit tends to be a custom hybrid built to your needs..

I got the OME Super ultimate 4" (o.m.e. might be pricey for ya)

I used Rustys 3.5 HD springs in the front, with IronMan Fab Control Arms, and OME HD 2" Springs in the rear, with 1" Ironman Fab boomerang shackles. Im using edelbroch? shocks off a 2007 Rubicon JK, it rides so smooth, eats the bumps, and flex is amazing. no issues at all, I did alot of research while piecing together a kit, took me 3 years to figure it out but it was worth it. A buddy of mine runs RE and I think the ride sucks. the control arms are not near the quality of mine, and I spent about 750. all said and done. which was less then his kit without shocks. another guy I run with runs BDS, man thats some coin. I have zero fear that anything on mine is going to break, and I beat the crap out of it. If you worried, Iron mans stuff has a lifetime warranty for a few bucks more. It is beefy!

John

For 600$ you can put together a nice lift. I have a mix-n-match 4.5 for less than 200 bucks. Your money will a long way if you take your time and shop around. Do some searching and you will see a ton of ideas.. Good Luck

I was going to go RE springs all the way around on this last build but ended up getting a set of used RE 4.5 for the front (couldnt pass up the price) and ordered a set of 4.5 OME for the rear.

What's the best kit? The one that you research and put together for yourself to meet your specific needs (cost, performance, size, ride quality, etc)

You're going to get 1000 different opinions here. RE was not the end all, be all of suspension manufacturers. There are plenty of other suspension manufacturers out there that build quality kits. No need to bump a thread (which against the rules) for a bunch of opinions.

Back