• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep jerks to the right??

ARGLE707

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
I have 1987 Jeep cherokee with a ome 2'lift kit on it and when i drive down the hwy at speeds of 55mph or more, the jeep will start jerking to the right???Any ideas why its doing that??
Thanks

the the jeep 'Jerks' are on the right, can us Jeep 'cool' people stand on the left?

Sorry, just read like there were jurk on your right...

Sounds like your axle might not be centered due to not relocating the track bar. Center the axle and do your own alignment like eric said and you should be good to go.

My jeep did the same thing
gotta center your axle you can get a adjustable track bar for decent off craigslist and it helps a ton if your going to lift your jeep any higher

Just out of curiosity, does it "jerk" when you are accelerating?

My 1990 did this and it turned out to be a bad steering box, I swapped the steering box out with a late model and all is good now.

I'm running 2" lift and on the stock track bar, my axle is only off center by 3/4" and I haven't had any other handling issues related to that.

Check the right brake caliper to make sure it's not grabbing and the unit bearing to make sure it's not failing. But it's more likely to be what has already been said.

Back