• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor mount question

cbr900rr

NAXJA Forum User
i was checking out my motor mounts and noticed that the one of the bolts (top passenger) holding the bracket to the block was a torx head. wondering if that was stock. having seen so many threads on broken bollts i was going to replace all mine. but then i started thinking my XJ has 200K on it, if it has held this long i better not mess with it. as i have already broken the heads of countless bolts on it already.

saving up for brown dog kit $300 but worth it

Doesn't sound like a stock bolt but then again I wouldn't know... All three of my passenger side bolts sheered off in the block while I was driving. I had to replace the bracket with a Brown Dog super bracket with added mounting locations as I failed at extracting the broken bolts. Only issue I had was I had to notch one end of the ignition coil bracket to fit around the massive Brown Dog bracket.

Back