• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2inch lift Tc drop (specific question not intentionally repeating previous posts)

Branmuff09

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a 2inch lift on my 96 xj. 2" rusty's coils in the front and 2"RC shackles in rear. I am getting driveline vibes and even though i "shouldnt" need it i am getting a transfer case drop, i was told by numbers of people not to get shims with a shackle lift and due to lack of experinece with shims i just listened. So to get to the point, i realize i will have increased pressure on the motor mounts but i was wondering if the problems some people experience with the TC linkage due to the extreme angles from higher lifts would be as significant because of the small amount mine is lifted. I know a SYE would be ideal but it just isnt in the budget atleast for a few months. Just wonderingif anyone has any prior experinece with this sort of thing or just wanting opinions.

thank you for your help!

I got a Rubicon 3.5" lift with no shims or extended shackles so i have more of a driveline angle then you i thought i had bad vibrations but i just replaced both my rear u-joints after not being replaced for 150,000 miles all gone they were 22 dollars a piece at monument and they're top of the line greasable. pain in the ass to install but worth it.

I checked my u-joints out and tried shaking the drive shaft to see if there was any looseness that tends to come with worn u-joints but it was very tight and still. the current ones only have 90k on them but i will do a more detailed check tomorrow.
thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah i really want to do it and i think itll help. i've just been reading all the posts about the TC drop and it seems risky and honestly seems to cause as many or more problems then it fixes in the long run. i want to try shims i just need to look in to them more

Back