• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wire Position on Distributor Cap

craiso

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,
I changed out the cap and rotor today and all hell broke loose. Wires got swapped...you know the drill. I got on the forums and found a post that stated that the #1 wire position was at the bottom of the distributor ( 6 o'clock position I assumed) and gave the correct firing order. On my original cap the #1 wire was one to the left, and that is how I have it now. It runs smooth with no problems...do I have the wires configured correctly?
Many thanks,
Christopher

If it runs smoothly, they are correct. It will run really rough if even 1 wire is misplaced or missing.

Sorry, wasn't sure what you were asking or if your question was even directed at me. Are you asking about the distributor cap, or the actual distributor itself as your question implied? If you're asking about the cap, yeah, it is held down by two screws that are part of the cap assembly. If you are asking about the distributor, can't help you there, I've never removed/replaced mine.

If this doesn't answer your question I'd start a new thread as your question doesn't really have much of anything to do with the original post. State your question clearly and provide some details about your vehicle if you want a good response.

8A79158D-144F-C9E1-B724BE51BF4816CA.gif
If its running good. You have them in the correct spots, :cheers:

Back