• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pioneer town

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
looking to hit up pioneer town in the next week (hopefully its not closed). does anyone know if its open. accordin to dirt topia, it's closed. just wondering if thats changed?? thanks

Pioneertown itself? Or Burns canyon rd (2N02) trail to big bear? The trail was open a month ago, no idea about the town though.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

The town isn't closed. What exactly are you looking for? I don't think they're doing the gunfights yet, but the town itself is still there and open. The "main" road (through the tourist section, the dirt road) is washed out, but that wouldn't stop anyone from getting to the town itself.

thanks for the responses. just looking to run rattle snake to 2n02. Never seen or ran those two trails and i hear its a scenic/moderate trail.

2N02 is almost never closed unless it's just completely snowed out. And if you're planning on going Rattlesnake to 2N02 you won't be in the highlands so you'll have no problems.

Unless a sizable rain has taken place Rattlesnake is a 2WD trip... rain will make 2N02 slippery... a good snow might make 2N02 slightly tougher...
Pie. Town itself I believe still has the gunfights on the weekend. Call the motel & see if they know.
Plan to make a res. at Pappy & Harriet's for dinner and some Honky Tonk'n... one of those one of a kind roadhouses. :thumbup::thumbup:

Curt

Unless a sizable rain has taken place Rattlesnake is a 2WD trip... rain will make 2N02 slippery... a good snow might make 2N02 slightly tougher...
Pie. Town itself I believe still has the gunfights on the weekend. Call the motel & see if they know.
Plan to make a res. at Pappy & Harriet's for dinner and some Honky Tonk'n... one of those one of a kind roadhouses. :thumbup::thumbup:

Curt
Gun fights I think are only during the summer tourist season. I'm up there every Sunday and haven't seen them around in months.

Gun fights I think are only during the summer tourist season. I'm up there every Sunday and haven't seen them around in months.

Ah... that's right you're there around noon...
I found a site that states April through October...

Curt

thanks for the responses. just looking to run rattle snake to 2n02. Never seen or ran those two trails and i hear its a scenic/moderate trail.

Pardon me for butting in, but neither Rattlesnake Cyn. nor the 2n02 go to Pioneertown. I know Burns Cyn. connects to all three of them at some point.

Did I miss it last time I went up?

Pardon me for butting in, but neither Rattlesnake Cyn. nor the 2n02 go to Pioneertown. I know Burns Cyn. connects to all three of them at some point.

Did I miss it last time I went up?

no worries, i was under the impression u can take rattle snake to 2n02 which dumps u off at pioneer. :shrug:

no worries, i was under the impression u can take rattle snake to 2n02 which dumps u off at pioneer. :shrug:

Pretty much. When you hit 2N02 off Rattlesnake turn left and take 2N02 on down. Every time you see a fork (should only be one from that point if memory serves) just follow the most established path. Once you get on pavement just follow the pavement to Pietown.

Pretty much. When you hit 2N02 off Rattlesnake turn left and take 2N02 on down. Every time you see a fork (should only be one from that point if memory serves) just follow the most established path. Once you get on pavement just follow the pavement to Pietown.

cool thanks geoff

Burns Canyon is essentially an extension of Pioneertown. There's Pioneertown the actual town and Pioneertown the preserved movie sets/tourist attraction. My church is the church across from the Red Dog Saloon (non-operational...)

Back