• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats Swap

ZeroRain

NAXJA Forum User
Ive tried and tried to find something on this and can only seem to locate things about putting the 95+ WJ seats on my manual 95 XJ tracks. What I want to do tho is Put the WJ electric tracks into the XJ. Now the driver side Bolts up in the front, kinda. It sits too far to the right tho. Im sure I can fab Something to make it work properly but is there a certain year electric base that will work?

Zero

What years would work? The bases on these things seem to change alot.

I have a '95 power base, with '98 seats, in my '96. They only changed once, '84-'94 are compatible, and '95-'01 will interchange. The '95 and up XJ and '93-'98 ZJ seats will interchange, but you must use the XJ base. But, using ZJ seats means a little custom upholstery work if you want the back seat to match. I'm about to go down that road....

Now, if you want to be real trick, and you have a '94 and down, look for the Rocking Chair seat base. We found one at the JY last year, and it's in my '92. You can crank it all the way back, and sit in it like an astronaut!

Or you can buy a jeep from the NAC and it comes with that option added by the DOT!

Also usually have the "structural carpet" option installed.

Get your tetanus shot before purchase.

A good number of people have installed WJ benches in the XJ iirc - makes them match, at least, but not good if you have tall people trying to fit back there.

Back