• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Happy Birthday to my XJ!

zluster

NAXJA Forum User
Tuesday, March 1, at 4:00 PM CST my Jeep turned 11. She seems so grown up now!

yellow76.jpg

Did ya take her out to dinner??? Post results!!!

When my XJ turned 21...we went out to the clubs...me n' her...thought I'd get lucky but all we talked about was her transfer case vacuum switch.

....Oh, and my petcock.

are you sure thats a jeep? i dont see one dent on it:laugh:,

that is one clean looking rig i wish mine looked half that good. i dont know who has done more damage its a toss up between the hacksaw+hammer and various rocks.

looks great what size tires?

Thanks, 245/75/16.

...and what did you get for it's birthday?

I cleaned out all the trash, vacuumed it out, and put the backseat in to take my buddy's GF to the airport early this mornin.

are you sure thats a jeep? i dont see one dent on it:laugh:,

that is one clean looking rig i wish mine looked half that good. i dont know who has done more damage its a toss up between the hacksaw+hammer and various rocks.

There's one on the lower ridge of the passenger rear door, but that was there when I got it.

There was also more damage when I got it, but I fixed it up:
yellow1.jpg

yellow19.jpg

yellow25.jpg

And then it got painted, but I hit a deer which damaged it nearly the same as when I bought it totalled(except that the Deer didn't destroy a front axle and blow the airbags this time).

So then it looked like this:
yellow72.jpg

yellow73.jpg

So I got another fender and painted it:
yellow68.jpg

And rather than try to repair the factory header panel again I bought a new OEM unit from jeep(could not find ANY used headers at the time):
yellow69.jpg

Ohh shiny:
yellow71.jpg

And then all put back together with a new end cap and new bumper:
yellow74.jpg

yellow75.jpg

And then new winter tires last winter, 245/75/16 Treadwright with kedge grip, load range E($85 each :) came out to $500 mounted for 5 tires)
yellow77mod.jpg

Just interjecting a little levity...
It is really a fine looking Jeep, I'm jealous. Since I live in the DIRT belt all I ever see that looks like that is a brand new Jeep.

Nice work on keeping it maintained.

Back