• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need some wheel clarification

Psykotrp

NAXJA Forum User
I'm being told from Quadratec that I can't use 15x8 Black Rock LOBO's on my 2001 XJ because they wont fit. I can only get 15x7.
And the biggest tire I can get is a 235-75-15

WTF is wrong with this guy? :confused1

the wheel I want is 15X8, 4" BS 5x4.5 BP on BFG A/T 30x9.5x15
progress.gif

I'm no expert, but on stock wheels with either 15x7 or 15x8 you can fit 30x9.50 no problems.

with those aftermarket wheels they might sit further out and rub on the fender flares.

that's why I wanna get some insider info. Most everyone here has faced this problem when trying to get new rubber. Should I just go for the 235-75-15 or 30-9.5 on stock steelies?
If i get a set of Canyons or Ravines what is the ideal tire size? Because they are 15x8

My past two XJ freedoms both had Canyons with 30x9.50 wranglers GSA's on them when I sold them.(and had no rubbing problems with the 15x8 wheel and large tires)

You shouldn't have any rubbing issues with 30x9.50 on any stock wheels(unless your rear leafs are sagging quite a bit).

I run 245/75/16s on silverstars and I had to install a WJ control arm on the drivers side and trim along the bumper end cap to fit them.

Personally I would stick with stock wheels, but I am in a small minority in that regard. Most prefer aftermarket.

Unless you have plans to run wider tires somewhere down the road, I'd run a 15x7 with either of the aforementioned tire sizes. You could run a 15x8, but I don't like running such a skinny tire on such a wide rim. You'd only have 3/4" of sidewall sticking out on either side which makes it easier to pop a bead off, easier to scratch your rims, and IMO looks kind of funny. I'm running 33x10.5's on aftermarket 15x7's by choice.

I run 30x9.5-15 on my 1990 OE rims (their the BBS style ones on the limiteds, not sure what they're called). They rubbed big time on the front inside. 1.5" wheel spacers fixed the problem. A 15x7 rim with 4 or 4.5" backspacing should be fine.

235/75r15 is very close to the actual height of most 30x9.5s.
Take your pick, either will do. If price is close, get the 30s
Stock wheels will be fine.

Back