• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Capacity?

if your tank is dented its not going to hold as much, there was also a baffle in some tanks that can trap air in the top of the tank so you can't fill it all the way.

even when the gauge says empty, its really not. if it said empty and really was, imagine how many people would be on the side of the road and out of gas. when mine says its empty, that is just an indicator that i should look for gas in the next 40 miles or so.

interestingly the 13 is a 20 gallon tank, too (they were too cheap to cast two tanks).. it has a vent tube that dips deeper into the tank to stop your fillup sooner - if you pull the vent tube and trim it, you can get 20 or even up to 24 gallons into either tank.

even when the gauge says empty, its really not. if it said empty and really was, imagine how many people would be on the side of the road and out of gas. when mine says its empty, that is just an indicator that i should look for gas in the next 40 miles or so.

when mine says 1/4 I start looking, lol. you are getting much better mileage than my beast is pulling right now :D

haha with 33's and stock gears i doubt mine is much better. i just think the stock gauge is very inaccurate. i go more by miles than by the gauge.

i have the same gears. but mine is a DD and not as built as yours. mine sees highway time everyday. i am getting 13-14.

i have the same gears. but mine is a DD and not as built as yours. mine sees highway time everyday. i am getting 13-14.

I am in the same situation and I am getting exactly the same mileage.

And John it is definitely a 20 gallon tank but I have never been able to put more than 17 in either its just how the tanks and gauges are set up because that seems to be a common occurrence with all the xj owners I know. We pull into the station and it says empty like right on the line and i put 17 in.

Cal that is a very interesting fact just another one of those cheap car makers plots lol.

Oh and when my light comes on I usually have about 20 more miles before I want to fill up I am getting roughly 200 miles in between fill ups but I could go 230 if I had to and I have before but I dont push it.

Sorry for the sorta hijack and not specificly answering your question I just wanted to get my two cents in lol.

mine gets a solid 8 city, maybe 11 highway if I'm lucky. from LA to JV (about 120 miles or so) it takes me about 3/4 of a tank of gas, but part of that is the brutal hill climbs up the cajon pass.

You know grimm you dont have to mash the gas pedal every chance you get. You might think the ladies dig the go fast all the time but sometimes they like to just have a leisurely pace.

PS it saves on gas mileage too LOL

From all that I have read on here Grimm I think one time I may have to then after that never again lol

Back